Friday, February 4, 2011

Pool Decor

Since we decided not to cover the pool, I figured the next best thing was to decorate the pool! :-) My cousin Megan and I were talking about it during one of our quarterly dinners a while back and I was saying that I wanted to float candles on the pool.  She then told me that she's always wanted to try out something she had seen where you took the glass "fish bowls" and put tealights in them and floated them.  She said the glass isn't heavy enough to sink so they just float on the water.  So I'm giving her credit so I can steal her idea. haha  I also found these water lillies on a craft website I've been using and thought they'd be cute as well. 

Dollar Tree thankfully had the bowls for really cheap and also sells these monster tealights with two in a pack, so I'm hoping that they'll stay lit a while.  Megan also gave me a good tip that if you freeze the tealights ahead of time, they don't burn as fast.  Did I say that she's available for hire for weddings? haha






This is the look I'm going for.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Hols! My one faithful reader or at least commenter. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's crazy cos that backyard looks just like ours! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think that I actually like this better than the plexi glass look...I'm so excited to see what it's going to look like!

    ReplyDelete